Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seeking God's Face and His Heart

Psalm 27:4,8

Ps 27:4
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.


This is one of my favorite Psalms. The definition of the word seeks means to go in search of. Many of us do not seek God at all. We may seek after money, houses, relationships, cars, or what the bible calls temporal things. These are things that have no lasting value. But I would encourage you today to seek God. Don’t just seek God’s hand, but seek his face and his heart. This is the one thing that made David special, God tells us in his word that David was a man after his own heart. His greatest desire was to live in God’s presence each day of his life. Sadly this is not the greatest desire of many believer’s. What about you today? What is your greatest desire? The psalmist said one thing have I desired and one thing will I seek after. He was not divided in what he would give his undivided attention to. But those who desire to live in God’s presence each day will be able to enjoy that relationship forever.

Here we find David in a most profitable venture: he is seeking God's face. Seeking is a active pursuit. It requires patience; diligence; integrity; sincerity; and desire. It seems that we seek Him most when we have the greatest needs.

There is no higher honor than that we should be invited, commanded, to seek the face of God; to seek his presence and fellowship while we wait for the coming of Christ, when that friendship and fellowship will be deepened and completed because we shall see him as he is.

Ps 105:4 “Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.”

If God seems far away persist in your search for him. Seek the Lord and his strength. Seek his face forever more. God rewards them who diligently search for him. Where your treasure is there will your heart be also. A Divine Blessing from a Divine Diva!!! God loves you and so do I
Please contact me with any comments regarding this blogor if you have a prayer request you can reach me via my website http://sistertosister.name/ or my email address is sistertosister@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment