Saturday, April 18, 2009

From the Pit to the Palace

FROM THE PIT TO THE PALACE
Why we have to go through some things”

There are times in my life when I felt like life has just dealt me a bad hand. I did not know how strong my flesh was until I tried to place some restraints on it. Before I came to God I had no desire to place the flesh under control. I wondered why I could not just skip over some of the bad things in life.

Oftentimes, I wondered why God would not just move some things out of my pathway, since he is Sovereign. Some of those situations I wanted out of immediately. I could not wait for God to bring me out. Truth be told I only wanted out so I could get back into a similar situation. But he allowed me to stay in them; and some for a much longer period of time. I had to almost lose my mind in order to change my mind about some things.

As I look back over my life, I thank God for allowing me to go through some things. I have heard it said whatever does not kill you will only make you stronger. God held me in some situations until my spirit got power and control over my flesh. This helped to develop character and character was what I need on my way to my destiny. It’s true God is in control of all things.

I now realize that God has a plan for my life. And that he is control of our circumstances and we are in control of our responses to those circumstances. In the midst of while I was going through, some very difficult places in life; I was reminded of HIS presence. Psalm 23 says: Yea though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

God has promised not to put any more on us than we can bear. So I want to encourage you if you are going through a very difficult time. Don’t give up and don’t give in. Some pits are necessary. Trust that you will be taken from the Pit to the Palace. A few reminders about God while you are going through

If you never felt pain, how would you know that I’m a Healer?

If you never went through difficulty, how would you know that I’m a Deliverer?

If you never had a trial, how would you know that I’m a Comforter?

If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I’m Forgiving?

If you never were in trouble, how would you know that I will come to your rescue?

If you never were broken, how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem, then how would you know that I can solve them?

God Loves You and So do I. Be Blessed…… Pastor Tammy



No comments:

Post a Comment